Monday, August 22, 2011

Yoga


Yoga means "to yoke". The more I realize this the more wonderful my days are. I know that for the most part when someone says yoga a person pictures tree pose or triangle pose which is something that I have pictured for years. As I study I find that I am practicing yoga more than I ever realized.

The days since my last class have been so amazing for me and my family. I find that I have had more fun than we have had in a long time. We have gone on several bike rides lately. We leave and go all around town and I really feel the "yoga" in our rides.

We learned about the three gunas in our training and they are the three energies that direct anything that is happening on a physical aspect and they are all around us. I try to notice them as I go through the day. Today was a good example because they seemed very apparent to me. As I walked outside to my porch the dog was following me and he had a little bee that was following him. This bee was having a lot of fun with Luke and he chased it all around as he wound up in circles and was jumping up in the air over and over, I realized I was watching all this Rajasic energy coming from both the dog and the bee. I noticed the Sattvic energy in the field as it sat so still, not one thing disturbing it. The trees in the field that stand so tall were expressing their Tamasic energy. It was at that moment that I realized within a matter of moments I was surrounded by all these different energies that I had not taken the time to notice before. I love learning new things and then seeing them in my day to day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment