Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The beginning


I have started this post over and over...in my head. I can not imagine that I would ever forget one single moment of my yoga training and journey, but I love the idea of blogging it so that I can see the changes in myself as I go along on this new path.

I feel like I finally took my first breath, a real breathe, a cleansing breath on Aug 11th 2011. That was my first day of Yoga Teacher Training at Bodhi Yoga. The day was so amazing!! 27 years ago on that exact date was the day that my mom died. My whole little world was turned upside down. As I walked into class I found myself being turned right side up as everything had aligned for me to be here. My spirit was so excited that I couldn't even speak, which I decided to honor.

We started with some intros and then moved into a Kundalini class which was amazing. I hadn't been in a Kundalini class since Sarabjot left Vernal. It was in Sarabjot's class that I realized that some day I would love to teach. She was such a wonderful teacher and I thoroughly enjoyed her classes. Well here I was in this class having an experience of connecting mind, body and spirit and I couldn't help but just breath in gratitude with every breath. I am grateful for the journey I have been on that has led me to Syl and Bodhi Yoga. I am grateful to Syl and all the countless hours that she has put into Bodhi Yoga Teacher Training, I truly know that I am in the right place at the right time. I look so forward to this new journey! Friday and Saturday seemed to go by with such a great peace. We had a Bodhi Flow class Saturday morning that was so enjoyable, it really set the mood for the whole day.

As I left I had a long drive ahead to think things over, and over. It was a beautiful time to soak it in and realize that I really am that one that I have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment