Sunday, August 28, 2011

Family time



We went backpacking. It was so great to go as a family. Cameron and Jesse go camping a lot and I usually stay home. I think that in the past I have not gone or said no to something and I don't even know why. I am now working on going with the flow a lot more. When my hubby says lets go for a bike ride I say... lets go. So this past weekend I was the one that said lets go camping

We left later in the afternoon and drove up to Spirit lake. We parked and got our backpacks on and headed out. Wow did we ever have fun. We didn't find the trail right away so we followed the stream because we knew it would lead to the lake sooner or later. We did find the trail and kept on it and ran into a momma moose and her baby. We just stood together as a family and stared at her little family. So cute!!

We made it to Jessen lake and set up the tent. It is a snug 3 person tent and I was excited. I was really tired and could have skipped dinner but the boys were dying to have me try the freeze dried veggie lasagna, how could I resist.

When we were finished we went right to bed on it was really cozy. I was so thankful to be there with my boys and the dog. The next morning was beautiful. As I got up the little birds and squirrels were there to welcome me. The lake had some fish jumping and the mountains behind the lake were truly picturesque.

Since starting my yoga teacher training I really feel as if my eyes are open to everything. I think of all the times I have said no to something and really missed out. I think that I was being ruled by fear. I am now ready for adventure, I am glad that my family waited for me to catch up to all the fun they have been experiencing. I look so forward to all of our new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment