Wednesday, February 8, 2012

FAQ's

 
 
When beginning a yoga practice there are always many questions.  One of the most frequent questions I hear is "Do I have to be flexible?'  I know I addressed this in an earlier post but yoga is the very thing to give you the flexibility that you are looking for.  So no mater where you are that is where you start and your teacher will be able to help you with supports and alternative poses to help you grow in flexibility. Another question I have heard is how old do you have to be to do yoga?  Yoga is for ANY age.  I love to watch a baby as they naturally take up different yoga poses and how much they enjoy it.  You can start a yoga practice at any time in your journey and it is like any other new exercise you start, just check with your doctor if you have any concerns before you start.  The question of when is the best time to do yoga is something that I find changes for me depending on where I am in life.  For the most part I enjoy honoring my dosha and rising an hour before the sun and getting that sweet time in the morning to myself where I can have a practice to start my day.  When ever you choose just do it you won't regret it.  This is a wonderful place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment