Sunday, October 30, 2011

The gift


Wow! This last week has been so amazing. It has given me so many things to take to my mat. Being with my brothers and sisters has been some of the best times I have had in the longest time. We haven't all been together since my wedding which will be 20 years next summer. Just to be around them all and talk to everyone was so special.


As I looked over the past week I had to laugh a little. There were so many little things that went on to remind me of my dad. The fact that several of us had tire problems and then I went on to have several more car issues was such a little joke that I knew he had to have had a hand in. So I wasn't surprised when the day of the funeral started out so dreary, a very Eeyore type of day to say the least, I wasn't surprised. I thought that dad was having another laugh with us all. Later we went down to the docks by Cory's house to take pictures. The lake was so still and the sunlight was heavenly and that is when I saw the real gift that dad had given me...my siblings. I am so blessed and grateful to have each and every on of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment